TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The guest will pay promptly for the apartment on the terms agreed with management.
- Guests must pay for a minimum stay of 7 nights, unless waived by management in writing.
- Deposits are not refundable, and may be requested from guests staying for 8 weeks or more.
- Discounts are given at the discretion of management and are based on length of stay.
- If a guest reduces their stay from the period agreed with management, for any reason, the agreed discount will be withdrawn and the standard rate instead will apply.
- A supplement is payable for any extra person staying in the apartment, to a maximum of 4.
- The utilities are inclusive on condition that guests follow management guidelines in ‘Akwaaba’.
CONDITIONS OF STAY
- Guests staying for any period have a license to occupy the apartment and must allow management unrestricted access for cleaning and maintenance services, on average twice weekly, for the convenience of guests. Reasonable notice will be given before entry when guests are in. Linens will be changed weekly, with an additional charge for extra linen. For Long Stay guests, linen may be changed every 7-10 days.
- No extra person may stay overnight in the apartment without the prior permission of management, for a fee and full names must be given.
- Guests must maintain the property in good condition, without damage or alteration.
- Guests will pay to repair any damages caused during their stay before they leave.
- Guests must not cause any nuisance or annoyance to other guests.
- No pets or animals are to be kept in the apartments.
- Management reserves the right to terminate the license on reasonable notice where possible, and immediately in cases of emergency.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Next of Kin: Guests must provide management with the name and contact details for their NOK.
Hazards: Guests must comply with the following:
- Immediately report any gas leakages to management
- Always turn off the gas cooker after use
- Report all electrical faults to management
- Do not turn on any faulty electrical appliances
- Turn off all appliances from the mains when not in use
- Place all candles in steady holders, away from all cloth materials
- Immediately report the smell of any burning or gas to management
Security: Guests agree to the following:
- Exercise caution in inviting people into the apartment, and entertain visitors at the café.
- The names of any extra persons staying in the apartment overnight must be given to management and a supplement paid for them.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person at their sole discretion.
DISCLAIMERS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE
- Guests give their clothes to us for washing and ironing at their own risk and we are not liable for any damage or loss
- Guests leave their property in the apartment at their own risk and we are not liable for any damage or loss, we charge for storing any items after the guest leaves, and will dispose of items left at the property after 28 days.
- Personal electric goods are used at the guest’s own risk and we are not liable for any damage or loss.
- Food is stored in the fridge at the guest’s own risk and we are not liable for any spoilage due to lack of electricity
- Guests park their cars in the compound at their own risk and we are not liable for any damage or loss.
- Guests should have valid and adequate travel insurance to cover any damages or losses during their visit
- We only suggest, and do not recommend, local escorts or drivers; and guests use them at their own discretion and risk.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
The rent agreed and payable is inclusive of the following services, only on the conditions below:
- Basic furnishings
- Water, mains electricity
- Cleaning, washing and ironing, gardening, ‘watching’
* Guests must provide soap for their washing
* Guests are expected to ‘tip’ the workers, especially those washing and cleaning
* Guests must treat workers with respect and pay for additional duties
- Maintenance, repairs and decoration
- Off-street parking
- The utilities are only inclusive in the rent on condition that guests follow the guidelines on their use and conservation set out in the ‘Akwaaba’ information leaflet, read by all guests on arrival. In particular, the water in the over head tanks must not be used for clothes washing, or electric irons or lights left on. Otherwise, a monthly contribution will be paid by guests for utilities.
- The overhead water tanks will be refilled with water as promptly as possible in the circumstances.
- Generator or solar electricity will be provided, when possible, for 2 hours during periods of light off, and for no more than 4 hours in any one day unless special arrangements are made with guest.
- Guests will be requested to promptly pay for the costs of repairs to any damage either they, or their visitors, have caused to any part of the property.
FACILITIES AND OPENING TIMES
Shop and café
The shop and café are open from Sunday to Friday, but close on Saturday.
Prices for items are displayed, but may vary.
Prompt payment is appreciated.
The internet can be accessed from anywhere in the compound at any time
Internet access is unlimited = free access
There is no guarantee that internet access will be uninterrupted, and access depends on the electricity.
Vehicle & Driver Hire
Prices depend on distance and frequency of use.
Daily and weekly rates are negotiable.
The driver’s tip is standard.
A friendly local companion, but not a trained tour guide.
Please pay his expenses and tip him whenever he takes you out.
LEGASSI GARDENS MANAGEMENT