Want to get the best out of your trip to Ghana?
- 1. First thing you can do to get the most out of your experience is to do some research and find out about the country before your journey! Not only by looking on Google and watching YouTube videos, but by speaking to others who have visited.
- 2. Be clear on why you are planning to visit Ghana- just for beach fun, to do heritage research, to look for business opportunities, to meet friends, even to find a spouse? Be honest with yourself.
- 3. Prepare your taste buds so that you can enjoy the traditional meals- by eating natural foods, drinking Cerassie to cleanse your taste buds, and avoiding sugary foods.
- 4. Challenge your ideas about Africa in general, and decide to embrace the culture as you find it, and not to make constant comparisons with Western countries.
- 5. Pack smart! Travel light, with essentials and leave space in your luggage so that you can make the most of the many shopping opportunities.
- 6. Remember: people are generally the same everywhere. So do not have unrealistic expectations of the people.
- 7. Have a budget plan. Take enough cash, activate your cards as backup, but do not spend more than you can afford.
- 8. You cannot see the whole country in one short trip, so make a plan straight away to come back!